Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's about time!

After 44 years of being relatively inactive (you know part of the initial reason) and after seeing my wife become very physically fit over the past 5 years or so ... the urge suddenly hit me last fall.

The urge that I am not immortal and approaching 45, and I would like to live as long as possible. So, last fall I joined the gym. At first, I went a couple times a week and did not change my eating habits. Then, after about a month or so of mild working out, I got really bitten by the fitness bug. I proceeded to become a different person. Making some fairly serious changes to my diet ... changes for life.

I now work out 6 times a week (3 days of cardio and 3 days of weights) and eat well at least 80% of the time. And it feels great. In fact I feel better both physically and mentally than I ever have in my whole life time!

Before starting this transformation last fall (October 2006), I weighed 169 pounds and was busting out of size 34 pants. As of the writing of this blog (February 28th, 2007), I now weigh 147 pounds, am fitting comfortably into size 30 pants and am more muscular than I ever have been! Check it out below, congratulatory gifts accepted!



Pre-gym


Now ... not sucking in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Keep it up! Mom says "Wow, I'm impressed!" and Dad says "Incredible!" Anna & Jake simpy stare in awe....
Love from all to all!

Pam said...

Yep...I know how it is Lorin...I had high blood pressure in March 2005...refused meds for it, instead I started exercising and eating much better. I have lost 39lbs since then and have had normal blood pressure for many months now. And with no meds. My doctor can't believe it, and neither can I LOL! It will be a life long journey but one I love. I feel like you, never better!