Monday, February 19, 2007

The Booty Trip

Many of you already know the story of the Oakley prize, but a brief synopsis for those who don't.

When Darlene and I were in fine city of Montreal celebrating our anniversary last October, we ended up in the Oakley store looking for a little something for Jyssika (Oakley makes high end extreme sports, clothing, glasses, etc.). While in the store, Darlene noticed a contest for a guitar and accessories and asked me to fill out a ballot but I refused, thinking I would just get junk mail. She then proceeded to fill out said ballot.

Jump forward to January 2007. A call is left on our answering machine from a french accented girl saying we had won a backstage pass. I, of course immediately erased the message thinking it was a telephone solicitation for a time share or something (didn't say anything about it). Three or four days later, another message is left on the machine from the same girl (same french accent) but this time uses Darlene's name asking her to call. This time I play it for Darlene and still think it's a time share scam but of course Darlene calls anyway.

Well, needless to say, she won the grand prize worth a whopping $5000! These are a few pics of us in Montreal picking up the prize a few weeks ago. Jyssika was very excited and I will post some pics of the prizes with descriptions tomorrow.

Jyssika with the Hagstrom Guitar

Darlene posing with the Oakley guy

Darlene and Jyssika looking at the CD's and DVD's

Oakley watch that I ended up with!

It's hard to believe that Darlene won even with my idiotic moves time after time. Please feel free to comment with congratulations or jealousies!

Cheers

No comments: